02 December, 2010

Event: Art Day with my mum (11/18)

belated posting...
my mommy at bouldin creekscan0001

Blanton Museum of Art's exhibition, Turner to Monet: Masterpieces from The Walters Art Museum

October 2, 2010 – January 2, 2011
scan0003
Claude Monet, Springtime 1872 (notes: you don't even notice the book) AND Mariano José María Bernardo Fortuny y Carbó, An Ecclesiastic

scan0004
Jean Béraud, Paris Kiosk


scan0005
Eugène Delacroix, Wild Horse Felled by Tiger, 1828


Notes:
I'm not as excited by paintings as I am drawings. Drawing has a natural fluidity.



Harry Ransom Center exhibition,
Discovering the Language of Photography: The Gernsheim Collection

Sept. 7, 2010, to Jan. 2, 2011
scan0009
Warren De la Rue
Notes: What and Who we choose to photograph means something.

Also, got a new art book, Yinka Shonibare. Still kicking myself for not going back to Sydney before I left Australia to see his exhibition at the MCA.

Also, from the Blanton's permanent collection and one of my favourites,
scan0007
Ben Shahn, From That Day On, 1960, oil and tempera on canvas and board

No comments: