24 April, 2011

Event: Trip to Austin



I just went to Austin this past weekend to set up a reception space for the wedding in the fall. It was a whirlwind of a weekend-with too much to do. My mom and I ventured to Mayfield Park first where we got to see the Peacocks doing their courtship dance. We also toured the cottage and received some background history. The first peacocks that were on this property were gifts to the Mayfield's in 1930s. They have since brought in new peacocks to create genetic diversity.




Afterwards we visited Highland Park Baptist Chapel, where my parents were married in 1977. I really adored the blue abstracted stained glass. The outside of the chapel didn't have the lustre that it had inside.


Then off to Caswell house, where we were greeted by Bryan and shown around the historic house. The house was built in 1890s and is a nonprofit organization. They give teddybears to children that have gone through traumatic events. They also have a long list of community service, you can see the history of community service here.

South Congress cafe for dinner. One of my mom's favourite restaurants in Austin. They do a lovely brunch here as well.

Heather, a dear friend of mine, came over in the evening. It was wonderful to see her.
Heather L.
lovely Heather

Next day was spent finalising plans with my mom about the Reception. It was a intense process...also what feels to be most confusing because you want to please everyone but in the end you can never satisfy everyone.


ooo AND I found a neat leather bag at a thrift store,


Sunday, I had a long lunch with Teruko at Whole Foods. We were able to catch up. We also popped into Anthropologie and Bookpeople.


Also, I received lovely mail from Cathy. I adore the animal headed postcard :) They are really great.


*All the photos taken in the collages were by my mom. :)

No comments: