30 October, 2011

Prior to the Ceremony

Before the Ceremony
1. Small Chapel-Highland Park Baptist Church
2. garter belt and Peter's ring
3. hair finished
4. parents

The Chapel is the same one my parents got married in-isn't it pretty?

The garter was a gift from Peter's grandmother, DaOnne-it's so enchanting as an object and I know I'll keep it forever.  Everything that it's made from is antique and it also houses a beautiful opal in the center of the bow.  So it was my something blue, something old, something new, something borrowed.


Peter's ring is made of damascus steel and bought from Stonebrook Jewelry.
Wedding Day
I did my hair and makeup myself which I felt better about it.  I always feel rather strange getting primped overly by someone especially just for a couple of hours.  It let me focus on something while I was waiting, too.

I was very nervous before walking down the aisle and I'm sure everyone feels the same way once they are there. Prior you don't realise how anxious actually will be. There I was in the dressing room and all nerves. My bestie Edwina said I didn't look or act nervous at all (thankfully!).

Having my father walk me down the aisle helped so much. Knowing that I wasn't alone and that he was protecting me through those moments meant a great deal to me.

For those that want to see all the Wedding Weekend photos now, here is the set: flickr

No comments: